Lentils are a part of the pea family, closely associated with beans and peas. they're a cheap and fast thanks to introduce a good deal of nutrition into your everyday diet. High in fiber and super molecule and extremely low in fat, they are a beautiful thanks to replace everyday foods that are high in carbohydrates and starches. Lentils bring a nutty flavor to dishes, and may be used with close to any sort of seasoning.
• Rinse the lentils to scrub off any dirt and dirt. Look them over to form certain there aren't any rocks or stones gift.
• Add eight ounces of lentils to a pot with one ¾ cups of boiling water, or a seasoned stock.
• Turn the warmth right down to low and canopy to let the lentils simmer. Twenty minutes may be a sensible place to begin, however you'll have to boil them till tender.
• When they're tender, season to style and serve.
Tips & Warnings
• Keep raw lentils in an exceedingly dark place for up to at least one year.
• Cooked lentils ought to be cold and consumed among 3 days.
• Season lentils when preparation, not before. Lentils can absorb a good deal of water, and any seasoning within the water.